Thursday, May 29, 2008

Now That's Classy

In this Entertainment Weekly article about the upcoming film adaptation of Watchmen, the beautiful news that Hollis Mason's Under the Hood will be produced as a mockumentary companion piece released on DVD at the same time Watchmen hits theatres.

Also, the gross news that director Zack Snyder will also be producing a short film of The Black Freighter comic at the same time as Under the Hood....important to the story, it truly is, and I salute him for including it, but I don't think I'm going to watch that one. It's pretty disgusting.

I'm not greatly looking forward to this film, because I'm not sure what can be added or improved by taking Watchmen out of its source medium (graphic novel), but I am very interested in seeing it. At the very least, it will look stunning.

No comments: