Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Ohhhhhhhhhhh............

So one swell thing EW.com does is, every so often, score an interview with Patrick Stewart. You know, to chat about his current stage project(s), and just talk to him because everyone loves him since he's the classiest man on earth!!!

Anyways....the current interview dishes up the information that, with the Royal Shakespeare Company (I've seen clips...they're awesome...), Stewart is beginning a run of Hamlet as Claudius...opposite David Tennant, who's doing the most amazing job in the history of the show (apologies to Tom Baker) as the current doctor on Doctor Who (and is also, shall we say, quite easy on the eyes). The article didn't specify who Tennant is playing, but I assume its Hamlet because of his age and amazingness and the use of the word "opposite", Claudius being the stepfather and all.

Okay. I'm so excited here I'm actually shaking a bit. Forget that I'll never be able to see it unless there's a video made I can get my hands on...Patrick Stewart. And David Tennant. Possibly the greatest British male actors currently alive. Together. Doing Shakespeare with the RSC. And Stewart, whose obviously read all the plays and acted in most of them, has said before in interviews that Hamlet is his favourite. I'd give up anything but my marriage, family, and faith to see that performance live. Do I sound crazy?

Hold me.

(My husband, I'm sure, has realized that his arch-nemesis the cat is not on that list. The thought of ridding himself of the cat may just be enough to get me to that show....)

(Ha. Well, a girl can dream.)

Side note: Anyone know when CBC is planning to air the final season of Doctor Who's current run, along with the two TV movies that came out between seasons 3 and 4?

No comments: