Saturday, November 15, 2008

Predictions for the Future, where You and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.

Well, I'm no Criswell, but since the producers of American Life on Mars said that it would not end like the original UK version - with Sam having been in a coma - I'm going to call it: the show takes place in the minutes while he is legally dead as paramedics (try to?) ressuscitate him.

Why? Well, for one thing, audience appeal - if it's coma-induced, it's a hallucination, and doesn't mean much. If he's in the place between life and death, that adds a mystical/spiritual element. Plus, 1973 has turned out to be a catalytic year for the people who have most influenced Sam in either good or bad ways, and now he finds himself having the opportunity to pay them back (double-entendre intentional). Plus, the mysticism makes it possible for him to literally be in the past, changing things.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. And now, those of you who caught the Criswell reference will know what I watched this afternoon.....

:D

The Horror!

No comments: