Saturday, October 18, 2008

. . .

Seen in Thursday's National Post, originally printed in The Daily Telegraph:

A mouse bit a venomous viper to death after it was thrown into the snake's cage as a lunchtime snack. The tiny rodent killed the snake after a fierce 30-minute battle, emerging with "barely a scratch on him", according to one person who saw the fight. Firefighters in Taiwan who were looking after the snake - which had been found in a local resident's home - thought that the live mouse would make a perfect lunchtime treat. But the furry creature had other ideas. Instead of cowering from the 12-inch snake's gaping jaws and long fangs, it went on the offensive. "It attacked the snake continuously, biting and scratching it," one of the firefighters said. Viper venom is poisonous for mice, but the snake proved unable to land a killer bite.


I've got nothing to add. I think this story speaks for itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just...

I got nothin'. Seriously.

elly said...

ANNA!!!!!!!

i call now!


NOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!

*freakin' huge hug to end all hugs*

Anonymous said...

I MISSED YOUR CALL AND I DON'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL ANYMORE!!! and i just got in and need to wash my hair -- but i will try and call you soon. what's a good time? i forget how many hours behind us you are...

and my email hasn't changed, just so you know... :)