Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Red Dead Bittersweet Irony

It is not uncommon, on highly anticipated game release dates, for obsessive/impatient/image-conscious gamers to "call in sick" so that they can try hot new titles ASAP. As I was standing in line at EB Games to pick up my anniversary present - a special ed. pre-order of Red Dead Redemption - observing the two-dozen-odd 18-35 white males surrounding me, trying not to be too self-conscious as the only woman in the room and cursing my coughs, sneezes, and especially cursing my fever, I couldn't help but take some amusement in the irony that, the first time I ever got a pre-ordered new release, I actually was sick.

Turns out the game's pretty sweet, too. More on that in sixty hours or so. I need to go sneeze some more first, and the cows need herding.

1 comment: