Monday, September 21, 2009

What A Looker!

Speaking of divisive, controversial issues directly resulting from the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival, how about that striking dress worn by Drew Barrymore at the Whip It premiere, and seen by me in The National Post? The photo in question is, sadly, not available in the Post's on-line archives - I still get most of my news the old-fashioned way - and a good one has been surprisingly hard to find, considering how big a flap this dress has caused, but there a few okay snaps here. For a clear look at the dress, but worn by a model who doesn't rock the look like Barrymore does, pop over to The Alexander McQueen Experience. I can't provide a direct link because this is a flash slideshow, but if you scroll the thumbnails all the way to the end, the dress in question is fourth from the right.

On a normal day, the fashion industry and I have no reason to be on speaking terms, but this is more or less the textbook definition of "total work of art." Also, I personally think it's one of the most beautiful pieces of clothing I've ever seen.

No comments: